Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A Double Shot at Love

As if A Shot At Love with Tila Tequlia wasn't bad enough, there is now yet ANOTHER show premeiring on MTV with the same type of storyline called A Double Shot at Love. Except now it's with bisexual twins rather than just one bisexual. Now let me begin by saying that any type of show where you're competing for someone's heart is stupid in my opinion. I don't not like this show because it's bisexual. I just think that shows like this are what continue on the objectification of women and superficiality in relationships. Because, really, if you're trying to find "true love" on television, do you really think that it's going to last? It's just another excuse to have half naked men & women on MTV doing outrageous things for entertainment.


And I do admit, it is entertaining. I would be lying if I said I never watched an episode of the Tila Tequila show, or any other show like that for that matter like Rock of Love or Flavor of Love. They grab our attention because of the drama and insanity that the shows feed off of. I couldn't figure out to post the photo that I found because I wasn't abe to save it, but if you click on the link you will see a whole bunch of photos that are definitely sexualized. So check it out & let me know your input!
<3


But I do think it's interesting that the women that are searching for love this time are not only identical twins, but also white females, blond hair with what I would call barbie-like bodies. All the women are scantily dressed in these shows which also presents a problem for when the younger girls watch it and attempt to imitate those girls they see on television. Whether it be through clothing, personality, anything -- you name it.

No comments: